The Bachelor of Agribusiness will prepare you with knowledge, skills and capacity for a business career in the growing number of agrifood industries. It is ideal preparation for business management positions in industries which demand graduates who are consumer focused, commercially aware, innovative, internationally oriented and technically competent. You will learn about the fundamental knowledge of economic analysis, business strategy, marketing, finance, managing people and technology, along the agrifood value chain that links producers with consumers, purchasing and exporting agricultural products. You will also learn skills for conducting agrifood market and consumer behavior research, critical thinking and problem solving, communication, team work, information technology and English for business communication. Besides, you will have opportunities to develop capacities of autonomy, long-life learning, social responsibility to the community and the environment. After graduating, you are able to find employment in a variety of fields including sales, marketing, supply chain, procurement, project, investment, and exporting of agribusiness companies in the food and fibre industries.
Eligibility for Admission
All high school graduates.
In accordance with the current regulations of Ministry of Education and Training and training regulations of the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City.
General Education Knowledge: 50 credits
- Principles of Philosophy
- Principles of Political Economics
- Principles of Social Sciences
- History of Communist Party of Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh Thought
- Foreign Language (English for Business Communication)
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Mathematics for Business and Economics
- Statistics for Business and Economics
- Business Law
- Principles of Accounting
- Soft Skills
- Business Entrepreneurship
- ERP (SCM)
Professional Education Knowledge: 60 credits
Fundamental Knowledge of Economics: 18 credits
- Applied Microeconomics
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Applied Econometrics
- Research Method in Economics
- Financial Economics
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
Professional Knowledge of Agribusiness: 18 credits
- Principles of Marketing
- Agribusiness Fundamentals
- Agribusiness Management
- Sustainable Food Supply Chains
- International Agricultural Trade
- Agricultural and Food Policy
Specialized Knowledge of Agribusiness: 24 credits
Compulsory Cources: 12 credits
- Agribusiness Marketing
- Agribusiness Strategy
- Agribusiness Project
- Applied Market Research
Elective Courses: 12 credits
- Food Safety & Quality Management
- Agrifood Value Chain Management
- Agri-Product Procurement Management
- Farm Business Management
- Export Marketing & Management
- Agribusiness Marketing Strategy
- Agribusiness Finance
- Commodities, Futures & Options
Internship and Graduation: 10 credits
- Enterprise Semester’s Report
- Undergraduate Research Project
Program Duration: 120 credits
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of management, economics, marketing and finance, in particular as they apply to the agrifood industry.
- Apply the professional knowledge into agribusiness management and projects in the digital age.
- Integrate business functions, concepts and perspectives from different disciplines of the program and realms of life as well.
- Collect, analyse and organise information and ideas, and to convey those ideas clearly and fluently, in both written and spoken forms.
- Interact effectively with others in a diverse team in order to work towards a common outcome.
- Use English for business communication fluently and understand reading materials of the study field in English (TOEIC 500).
- Engage effectively and appopriately with information and communication technologies in both study and work (IC3).
- Identify, extract, analyse, evaluate and interpret data from a variety of sources; conceptualise problems, use analytical framework, and deploy a range of statistical techniques in the handling and analysis of quantitative data relevant to agribusinesses.
- Apply critical thinking, practical thinking and creative thinking for analyzing and critiquing issues and situations, developing problem-solving and decision-making capacities, creating new ideas, products, and perspectives.
Autonomy and Responsibility
- Interact more effectively with oneself and with others (i.e., civic and social responsibility), and more friendly with the environment.
- Demonstrate the caring of agribusiness in order to develop new interests, feelings, and values for oneself and the society.
- Develop independent study and long-life learning capacities to improve the knowledge, skills, and strategies for continuing one’s learning after the course is over.
The Agribusiness Program is designed for students who aspire to be the business leaders and managers of the future. This program will equip you the necessary knowledge, skills and self-confidence to assist in effective and successful management of agribusiness operations, within constantly changing and highly competitive environments. Our graduates are able to establish careers in the private and public sector of the agrifood industries, both within Vietnam and internationally. Specifically, our graduates are well qualified for job vacancies in the following fields:
- Purchasing and exporting of agricultural products
- Agricultural commoditities trading
- Agribusiness selling and marketing
- Agrifood supply chain management
- Investment appraisal of agricultural projects
- Food market research & development
- Farm and ranch business management
- Agricultural policy development and analysis