The program offers you a perfect balance of theory and practice, with solid economics foundation to apply in managing social – economic policies as well as well understanding policies which could have impact to your corporate. Not only the economic foundation and policy analysis but also law, finance and project managements are integrated in the curriculum. These blocks of learning outcomes are expected to help participants creatively apply and effectively solve short-run and long-run problems which they are preparing.
The main objective is to provide public servants the general and specialized knowledge to be applied at the macro level. The program also delivers the foundation and skills to help managers of firms and private organizations to analyze the public policies.
Graduating from this program, students are expected to be able to comprehend and apply economic knowledge to design and manage socio-economic policies, to monitor and evaluate development programs and propose the local economic development projects, plans and policies.
- PLO1.1: Comprehend general knowledge of economy and state management
- PLO1.2: Apply economics in public and private organizations management
- PLO1.3: Create and implement programs and projects for local economic development
- PLO1.4: Understand the relationship between public policies and corporate operations
- PLO2.1: Manage and implement state socio-economic policies
- PLO2.2: Administrate public services and departments
- PLO2.3: Propose local socio-economic development plans
- PLO2.4: Establish, appraise, monitor and evaluate development projects
- PLO2.5: Identify important socio-economic issues that need to be prioritized
- PLO2.6: Analyze the relationship between public policies and firm operations.
- PLO2.7: Collect and analyze data for decision-making
- PLO3.1: Honest, progressive, long-life learning
- PLO3.2: Active, brave, confident
- PLO3.3: Socially responsible toward local communities.
Who should study?
- Officers in public sectors who need to be updated or upgraded knowledge and skills of economic management.
- Managers in private corporate or organizations which services are closely related to public sectors.
- Anyone who wants to build up solid knowledge to study for a PhD/DBA degree after graduation.
CẤU TRÚC NỘI DUNG ĐÀO TẠO
The program consists of 60 credits including 46-credit coursework and 14-credit thesis.
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
Specialization in Economics & Development
- Development Economics
- Marketing Places
- Agricultural Policy and Rural Development
- Agribusiness Value Chain Analysis
- Project Appraisal
- Impact Evaluation
- Environmental Economics & Natural Resource
- Public Economics
- Public Governance
- Law and Development
Finance and Accounting
- State Budget and Financial Management
Analytical Skills and Tools
- Quantitative Methods
- Research Methodology
- Managerial Information System
- Research project
The Intermediate Economics provides the economic analysis knowledge for local government management. Microeconomics and Macroeconomics for public sectors will familiarize students with important economic concepts applied in subjects such as Development Economics and Agricultural Policy, Agriculture and Rural Development, Impact Evaluation.
In the Public Administrator block, learners will be provided with knowledge about organizational management in, especially applications in the public sector. In addition, the program also provides subjects in the areas of financial – accounting knowledge for local management.
Inside the Economics & Development, specialized courses help learners develop the ability to apply acquired knowledge and skills directly to specific issues in managing economic development. Participants will be trained to analyze economic management through many typical situations in developing countries in general, and Vietnam in particular. This field includes subjects such as Development Economics, Agricultural Policy and Rural Development, Environmental and Natural Resources Economics, and Project Appraisal.
The Analytical Tools group includes subjects that help learners acquire skills in gathering and analyzing economic information for managerial decision-making. Research Methodology not only provides learners with scientific methods to analyze and solve socio-economic problems but also is necessary for learners to well prepare for the graduation project.
Finally, students will carry out a research project under the supervision of lecturers from the University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh City. This graduation thesis in the form of applied research will help learners apply all the knowledge and skills accumulated during the study program to analyze and find solutions to an economic problem at their locals or organizations.
All applicants must pass a entrance exam in order to participate in the program. The exam consists of three subjects as prescribed by UEH School of Graduate, including
- English proficiency
- UEH Graduate Management Admission Test
Master’s degrees in Managerial Economics will be awarded to students who fulfilled the minimum coursework and graduation requirements
- Part-time schedule in 24 months (weekend classes)
- Student-centered teaching methods, focusing on problem-solving, case-study, critical- thinking and policy analysis.
- Teaching staff: experienced lecturers and researchers from School of Economics and University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
Photo: An Opening Ceremony of Managerial Economics MA Program in Kien Giang Province
We expect a list of lecturers.