EfD Small Research Grants for master theses
Call for Proposal
EfD Vietnam is part of the global network of research centers of the EfD Initiative and is administered by EEPSEA at the University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh City. We contribute to the effective management of the environment through applied research, institutional development, academic training and policy interaction.
To make research more accessible to policy makers for better policy decisions, EfD Vietnam provide small grants for master theses that focus on environmental and resources economics and management.
We provide grants for theses related to environmental and resource economics and management, particularly focusing on:
- Climate changes: sea level rise, natural disasters, adaptation.
- Green growth strategy: forestry, renewable energy, greening consumption.
- Coastal and marine resources: coastal ecosystem services, fishery and poverty.
- Industrial pollution: policy instruments, impacts on ecosystems and human health.
All master students may apply for the grant, provided that they:
- hold Vietnamese citizenship,
- are attending a Master program in a training institution based in Vietnam,
- ready to work for their theses.
Up to US$ 3000 is provided for each selected proposal to cover the costs of data collection and other costs of writing their thesis.
To apply for the grant, students must submit a thesis research proposal in English or Vietnamese. You are free to format and organize the proposal, provided that it contains the following content:
- problem statement,
- research objective(s),
- literature review,
- research methods, especially the data collection methods.
We select proposals based on their:
- policy relevance of the research problem,
- validity and reliability of the research methods.
Outputs to be submitted
Half of the approved amount will be paid to selected students immediately after the decision is made. The other half will be paid upon the successful submission of:
- the full thesis (in English or Vietnamese), and
- a two-page summary of the thesis (in English or Vietnamese).
There is no deadline. We provide grants on a first-come-first-served basis, until the total amount of fund for the year is used up.
- Your CV
- Your thesis research proposal
- A proof that you are studying in a Master program in Vietnam
How to submit
The application package should be sent to email@example.com (cc firstname.lastname@example.org). The proposal should be in MS Word format.
- The file name for the attachment should be in the following format:
Full NameProposal/CV/ProofSubmission Date (e.g., Nguyen Van A Proposal 01Oct2019).
- The subject line should be in the following format:
Application for Proposal Policy GrantFull name (e.g., Application for Proposal Development Grant Nguyen Van A)